Building a home — a custom home, is a big project.
You’ve got the land. Now what? Are there any restrictions or limitations with the property? Will you need an architect and a builder? Who hires all the trades? More importantly, who can you trust?
Port 32 enjoys an enviable status in the Kawarthas. It set the standard for community design years ago - there’s nothing else like it. But it’s in the execution and the resulting satisfaction of its homeowners that makes Port 32 one-of-a-kind.
And it’s why we’re asked so often if we’ll build a custom home for people like you with a property of their own. And now, that answer is yes. Yes, if that property is in the Kawarthas.
The problem with custom homes "as usual"
Custom homes have always been synonymous with growing costs, missed deadlines, more work, and added risks — we’ve changed all of that.
Custom homes are typically built in one of two ways:
You Buy Plans And Materials, Then Hire A Contractor
- You need to put your complete trust in a contractor to manage all of the trades required to turn your plans and materials into your dream home.
- Or, you can manage the trades yourself -- a logistical nightmare for anyone but an experienced contractor.
- Changes to your plans may require more materials, added costs, and extended timelines.
- It’s unlikely that your cottage will qualify for a Tarion Warranty -- meaning one of your largest investments is left unprotected.
You Hire An Architect, Design Your Home, Then Hire A Builder
- Unlimited possibilities and opportunities to change your mind come with a (steep) price.
- Changing your mind adds complexity to your project, costs you more money, and extends timelines.
- Your builder will charge you for time plus materials, both of which will vary as you make changes and unforeseen challenges present themselves.
- You won’t know the final cost of your custom home until after it’s built, adding stress to what should be one of your most exciting experiences.
We do custom — the smart way
Choose from our Signature Series of upscale 50’ and 60’ floor plans and then make it your own.
If the project comes in over budget, we cover the difference, guaranteed.
It's custom - the smart way.
How Marshall Homes Makes Custom Stress Free
Over the past 25+ years, we’ve found a way to consistently deliver what people love about custom homes without the added costs, time, work, and risk.
Your Marshall custom home in 5 steps:
Choose The Perfect Place For Your Home In The Kawarthas
We can build on your own empty lot or on a lot that has a home or cottage you’d like to replace. This flexibility means that having your dream home in the perfect spot is absolutely possible.
Understand Any Variable Costs Ahead Of Time
We’ll meet you at your property to discuss what you want to build and to help you understand variable costs such as land servicing, and building permits. While these costs do vary from client to client, we'll help you navigate any permits and provide expert input on any property costs so there are no surprises.
Select a Marshall Signature Floor Plan And Make It Your Own
Select from any of our upscale 50’ or 60’ floor plans and then make it your own. Customize bedrooms and bathrooms, move your laundry room, get the home office you’ve always wanted, even design your dream kitchen from the ground up. We’ll help you make decisions that suit your lifestyle while maximizing the value of your home.
Secure Your Guaranteed Price
Now that you’ve decided where and what to build, and we’ve uncovered any variable land costs, we can give you our guaranteed price. You won’t pay a cent more than the price in your contract. If we go over budget, Marshall Homes covers the difference, no questions asked.
Step Into Your Dream Home on Budget
Once you accept your guaranteed price, we handle everything from start to finish. We’ve worked with our trades people for many years -- they do excellent work and love building our homes. Sit back and take comfort in knowing that your cottage will be delivered as advertised, on time, and for the price we agreed on.
How we eliminate the stress of building a custom home
FLEXIBLE FLOOR PLANS
We'll work together to customize your home so that it fits your unique lifestyle and maximizes resale value.
You’ll get a final, guaranteed price before we start. If we go over budget, we cover the difference, no questions asked.
Working with us entitles you to a Tarion Warranty. Your custom home is protected and built to the highest standards.