As Bobcaygeon has grown over the last 20 years so has its extensive list of services. Virtually everything you need can be found here but with a small town touch. When you go for your morning cappuccino, prepare to stay for a while, because you are likely to bump into some of your new friends or perhaps someone you haven’t even met yet but is so darn friendly that you just want to stay and enjoy the conversation.
When you pick up your dry cleaning or stop at the butcher, it won’t be long before they are calling you by your first name. The hairdresser, the local hardware store, your veterinarian, the doctors office, the spa and either of our grocery stores are all within a two block radius of Port 32. No need to worry, every eventuality has been covered.
Here is a list of the services and amenities you can expect to find in Bobcaygeon:
Bobcaygeon has never been in a better situation for health care needs than now. Recently we became part of the North Kawartha Family Health Team which encompasses our village and Fenelon Falls.
Within this team we currently provide:
- four doctors (two of which just arrived and are accepting 1,400 new patients)
- three nurse practitioners
- two registered nurses
- a new walk-in clinic that is open two days a week with plans to be open full time soon.
We are twenty-five minutes from The Ross Memorial Hospital, which is one of the finest community hospitals in the province. It is very well managed and has recently undergone a major expansion to include a full complement of services. Heart and neuro surgery patients are sent to larger centres, such as Toronto, however, the comprehensiveness of the Ross allows most procedures to be done locally.
The Ross has recently acquired both a CT scan and MRI to reduce wait times in Peterborough. A dialysis unit is also up and running now which saves people the inconvenience to having to travel to Peterborough or Kingston.
The Ross has a 24 hour emergency room as well as a walk-in clinic.
The Peterborough Regional Health Centre is also an excellent facility within 45 minutes of Bobcaygeon. It has also undergone a modernization and expansion of services. They offer an excellent cardiac care where angiograms are performed.
- Food: 2 modern and well stocked grocery stores (Foodland and Valu Mart), Farmers Market (spring/summer/fall), butcher shop, bake shop
- Pharmacies: Shoppers Drug Mart and Village Gate Pharmacy
- Hardware: Home Hardware & BMR
- Banks: CIBC and BMO
- Health supplements
- Laundromat & dry cleaner
- 2 car washes
- Several Marinas
- Large boat dealership
- Ford Dealership
- Dentist (2)
- Nursing homes (2)
- Fitness: personal trainers, gyms, spa
- Professional services: lawyers, accountants, financial Planners, insurance agencies
- Several hairstylists
- Dog groomers
- Veterinarian (2)
- The Source (computer/technology merchandise)
- Post office
- A variety of places of worship
And the list goes on……
- Forbert Memorial Pool (swimming pool, fitness classes, exercise facility)
- Many Parks and beaches
- Baseball diamond
- Lawn Bowling
- The Trent Severn Waterway and Lock 32
- Twin Mountain snowmobile trails
- Public Skating at our local arena
- Tennis courts
- Skateboard park
- Many public and semi private 9-hole golf courses just outside of Bobcaygeon. Several 18 Hole golf courses located within 30 to 45 minute drive